ADS 468x60

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Inflation Hedges

I stopped to fill up my tank today and the price of gas had jumped from $3.00 to $3.25+ in just a month. It made me wish i had done some of these inflation hedges that Phil at Phil's Stock World had mentioned around Christmas, specifically the gas inflation hedge:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/243574-4-inflation-hedges-for-2011

Some of these can be tweaked into very profitable trades still. However, I think the biggest thing to take away from this is that you can use this same thought process to help hedge yourself against any number of scenarios that are out of your control. Some of the trades mentioned in his article are up almost 1,000%. It's a good read and I suggest you go on and read some more of his articles as they are very informative and can deliver big results.

0 comments:

Post a Comment